Continuing Education Credits
The Georgetown Family Center is approved as a(n):
- Independent provider of continuing education credit by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners and the District of Columbia Board of Social Work.
- Approved provider of continuing education by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work for licensed social workers #SW-0419.
Georgetown Family Center/Bowen Center for the Study of the Family has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6225. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Georgetown Family Center/Bowen Center for the Study of the Family is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Each three-day session provides a maximum of 9 hours of Category I continuing education credit for social workers and for counselors.
Return policy: Once the program begins, the Bowen Center does not offer refunds. Before the first program date, the Bowen Center will offer a refund less the deposit.
If you plan to participate in the CEU/CE process, it is necessary to:
- Pay the CEU/CE fee of $20 per session
- Sign the CEU/CE registration form at the beginning of the session
- Prepare to stay for the entire three-day session
- Submit a completed evaluation by the end of the session.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core concepts in Bowen theory.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the application and practice of the concepts in family, organizations, and society.
- Demonstrate the ability to use one’s own family as a training ground for learning and using Bowen family systems theory in one’s field of work.
Georgetown Family Center, Inc.
ACEP No. 6225