Purpose and Description of Program
This is an online program for leaders in faith communities who have had training and experience with Bowen theory. It will involve case studies, learning sessions, and responses in large group online sessions, small group consultation sessions, and individual consultations with a faculty coach. It is designed to follow two to three years in the Postgraduate Training Program, or other qualified training programs (i.e. network centers, Bowen faculty programs). Theory, theology, and the practice of ministry will all be included while focusing on our own functioning in that complex system of systems: the community of faith.
Each month will include:
- Two-hour online large-group meetings with presentations and discussions by both Bowen Center faculty and guest lecturers
- One and a half hour small-group consultation sessions or individual consultations (depending on the month) following each large-group meeting
Schedule for 2018-19
Meetings will be on Mondays at 10am Eastern Time. Days have been selected to avoid most religious and national holidays. Small group and individual consultations with a faculty coach will follow each session.
- September 10, 2018 – w/small-group consultation
- October 22 – w/individual consultation
- November 19 – w/small-group consultation
- December 17 – w/individual consultation
- January 28, 2019 – w/small-group consultation
- February 25 – w/individual consultation
- March 25 – w/small-group consultation
- No April meeting
- May 13 – w/individual consultation
Applications are accepted online or by paper, and will include an application fee of $50 and an online interview. A background in Bowen theory (such as the Bowen Center Postgraduate Training Program, Network center training programs, Bowen faculty programs) will be necessary, and preference will be given to those actively engaged in leading faith communities of any faith tradition, whether lay or ordained.
Mail paper applications to:
The Bowen Center
4400 MacArthur Boulevard NW, Suite 103
Washington, DC 20007
Paper applications can be faxed to 202-965-1765.
The fee for the program is $1,600 and is payable online.
Please contact Edward Henley at email@example.com to discuss your interest and questions.